Saturday, November 3, 2007

One for the Cause

Realized this morning that I forgot to post yesterday and just two days ago I signed up for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). Wow. What a loser!

Nah, really not being that hard on myself, because I actually totally unplugged when I left the office at the end of the day yesterday and didn't open the computer again until around 5 this afternoon. That was about 24 hours offline which hasn't happened in some time.

Most days I suspect I'm online at least a minimum of 12 hours. It's crazy ridiculous. I've truly begun to understand that the fact of the matter is I've become a techno geek. I'm loving this blogging thing. I'm a Twitter addict and as of yesterday I've fallen in love with Co-Working.

Co-Working?

Glad you asked. It started in New York and now has locations throughout the world. Austin held it's first Co-Working event yesterday. It's called Jelly Austin. I met some great people there and I suspect several of them will become friends. We're having our next event on November 15 and if you're in Austin and you typically work from home or freelance or consult come Co-Work with us!

In my offline time today, Charles, who happened to have the day off, thought it would be fun to take me to a few garage sales. We must have stopped at close to a dozen houses and you know, I still have the same thought about garage sales, a lot of work goes into them, okay some more than others. But I never really see any transactions being made. Just a lot of junk. We ended our morning driving at IHOP and spurgled on yummy pancakes then came home and took a long nap.

Tomorrow I'm going off line again for a bit to particpate in my first ever Komen event - the Komen Austin Race for the Cure. I'll be walking my 5k, thank you very much, along with thousands of other participants bright and early.

It's been a great weekend so far and I'm really looking forward to the camaraderie I'm sure I'll enjoy tomorrow and meeting some more new friends - offline.

No comments: