Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Pumpkin Carving Time

Neither Charles nor I could remember the last time we carved pumpkins, but we couldn't let that be the case this year. It's our first year in our new home and our neighborhood is filled with tricker-treating aged kiddos. So a couple of nights ago we literally dug around the bottle of the barrel and pulled up these pumpkins for our carving action.

Lucky for me, I caught an episode on TV that directed me to carving patterns. Who knew?! Geesh, that made it so much simpler. My pumkin's the one on the left and it's entitled "Starry Night." Can't see it all that well, but it's a kitty cat sitting on a moon looking at the stars.

Charles' pumpkin is the one on the right. Okay, that's where the description stops. You'll have to ask him what it means.

After carving I separated all the pumpkin seeds and I'm letting them dry before roasting them tomorrow. I have a feeling tomorrow's post will be yet more Halloween revelry. Hee-hee.

2 comments:

Julia Roy said...

Great carving work! Yum, pumpkin seeds.

Kim Haynes Hollenshead said...

Ahh! Thanks. It was so much fun and you're right. The pumpkin seeds are wonderful.