Saturday, October 20, 2007

Goodness, I'm liking the fall

Ahhhh! It really is fall. I keep waking to temps below 60 degrees and the crisp mornings are helping to start the days off right.

I've come to realize that I'm on a hot air balloon company's initial flight path, so I often have a chance to view hot air balloons passing over or near my back yard. I'm always hoping their on their way to see something more glorious than our neighborhoods fenced yards and me in my pajamas watching my pooches.

And yesterday when I stepped away from the office to grab a bite of lunch I saw this amazingly brilliant orange butterfly, but as I got closer to it I realized it was a Monarch, one of my favorite butterflies! Which made me realize it must be nearing their migration season. I remember seeing something about a place in Mexico where they all transcend for the winter. Hmmm . . . perhaps that's a research project for me this weekend. Find out where the Monarchs go and book a trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes--hooray for decent temperatures!