Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

Everywhere I go . . .

Good thing as the true countdown has begun. Only 6 more shopping days from this post and that includes today.

Our house has finally been made ready to celebrate my favorite holiday. This past Friday after work Charles and I drove over to pick up a tree. We were the only ones in the place that night and in less than 15 minutes we were loading our chosen tree into the truck. I worked on stringing lights after we returned while watching "It's a Wonderful Life."

On Saturday, I worked at placing all the decorations I had purchased earlier that week in their strategic places. I chose matte and shiny silver and a dusty purple for my theme colors and sprinkled throughout are a few odd ornaments like a bulldog to represent the company that I work for in Austin, Bulldog Solutions. I also picked up one of this year's Starbucks ornaments - the one with the snowglobe sitting on top of a red holiday cup. I love it.

I picked up silver, Swarovski crystal embedded cursive letters K and and C for Kim and Charles. Duh.

And then there's the annual Pier One Li Bien ornament that I've been collecting since 2000. This year's ornament is a rosey shade with an angel of course. Their ornaments are lovely.
Aside from the photo of the tree here, you can also find the tree on my Flickr site. On the Flickr site I'm able to indicate where each of the special ornaments are hung when you roll over the pic with your mouse.

On this past Monday, Charles was so good to string up 3 strands of white icecicle lights on the house and around the door post. I strung lights on the tree trunks.

All in all, I have to say that this is a beautiful Christmas in our new house. Now for the snow . . .

No comments: