Monday, December 31, 2007

Adieu 2007




According to Merriam-Webster online

adieu

Main Entry: adieu
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈdü, a-, -ˈdyü\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural adieus or adieux \-ˈdüz, -ˈdyüz\
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French a deu, a dieu, literally, to God
Date: 14th century
: farewell

I have 20 minutes to post my final thoughts of 2007. Oh, the pressure.

I've been giving a lot of thought to resolutions so I thought this would be the best place to post mine.

In 2008 I would like to accomplish the following:

1) Get healthy - Dropping 5 sizes (yes there are 5 to be dropped); stop partaking in Coca-Cola, french fries and limit fried foods to only once a week; decrease sugar intake; decrease or eliminate the need for high blood pressure medication; work out three times a week; participate in two 5k walks.

2) Get organized - Arrange my home, home office and office better and keep it that way; organize my finances and create and stick to a budget.

3) Get focused - Pay more attention; talk less; listen more; make family and pet's betterment of health a priority; be more passionate about life and work; plant and tend vegetable, herb and flower gardens; determine what to do with my backyard and begin work on it.

4) Get involved - Pick two charities and give time and energy; find and make an impact in a business networking organization

5) Get out there - Post on my blog a minimum of three times a week; take a minimum of 4 photos a week; take two vacations that require traveling by plane and at least 3 days away from home

Laugh out loud.

Love deeply.

Live with passion.

Whew! That's good. Want to be my accountability partner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I like your post as well. These are very good thoughts to carry you forward into the new year. I also love the idea of giving the old year "to God". Thanks for that image.

Anna
ps. now following you on twitter

eclaire said...

Whew!!! That's what I call a NEW BEGINNING!!! Go for it!!