Saturday, March 29, 2008

Social Community Strikes Again!

The social community I'm most active on for the last nine months or so has been Twitter. On this site I've made many new friends, learned so much more about marketing and had a wonderful time being a part of efforts I would never had participated in prior to this relationship.

Today I had a chance to participate in what was titled the Bum Rush of The Age of Conversation. This experiment was to take the sales of this book and raise them up on the Amazon Sales Rank as high as possible on one day.
It rocketed from a starting point of 102,282 and by the end of the experiment landed at 262. What an amazing feat of what can happen in an online social community when we put our hearts into an effort.

3 comments:

Gavin Heaton said...

Thanks for supporting the bum rush, Kim! Nice to tweet you!

Unknown said...

When John and I wrote our book, we promised each other we would not Amazon-stalk. Which of course we did. What we found was that getting into the top 100 took very little.

Do you know how many books were actually sold?

Kim Haynes Hollenshead said...

Brad, I don't know the total amount of books sold, but as soon as I find out I'll post the results here. Thanks for the question.