I was probably introduced to Pampered Chef's Tomato Basil Squares in 2002. They quickly became one of my all time favorite go-to recipes and I don't have many of those. They're super easy to make with minimal ingredients and it gives me a reason to grow basil! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1 (10 ounce) can pizza crust (you can find them by the biscuits)
mozzarella cheese, divided in half
fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
garlic clove, pressed (sometimes I add a second, just because I LOVE garlic!)
plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pizza crust onto a rectangle baking stone (or cookie sheet if you don't have a stone).
- Sprinkle crust with one cup Mozzarella cheese.
- In a bowl, combine remaining Mozzarella cheese, basil, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of pizza crust.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on top of tomatoes (I actually use a small melon baller and drop heaping balls on top and smash it down a bit).
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly