Monday, June 30, 2008
The idea is to gather with some friends from your favorite social network — Twitter, Plurk, Ning, Facebook, for example — at your local blood donation center and give a few pints for a good cause. It’s especially timely this Thursday, which is the day before a major summer holiday, when the blood banks need extra inventory.
Choose a sign-up time for the Austin blood drive here. And if you organize a drive in another location, please let us know in the comments below.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
- Lead the software development team in estimating, planning, designing and coding of software applications
- Mentor developers by contributing best practices and holding code reviews
- Ensure that all code retains logical stability, reliability, confidentiality and integrity
- Manage source code versioning and system release schedule
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals as well as to identify and resolve systems issues
- Stay on top of industry changes and drive innovation of the Bulldog Solutions products
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science or MIS
- 5+ years development experience in fast-paced, technology company
- Expert knowledge of ASP.Net [preferably ASP.NET 2.0] and Web Services development using both VB & C#
- Expertise in database design, data architecture to support systems development (preferably in a SQL Server environment)
- Web UI design exposure including basic principles and patterns
Proven success mentoring junior developers (previous experience in lead developer role is a plus)
- System integration, SOA architecture design, implementation and management is a plus
CMS (or WCMS) implementation and customization familiarity
- Proven experience working in environments where software applications are being built from scratch (concept to deployment)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal improvement of business and technical skills, including the ability to learn and apply new technologies and techniques
- Microsoft developer/architect certifications are a plus
The successful candidate will posses expertise in both written and interpersonal communication and be at ease with public speaking, in relationship building, and in collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience. Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail are a must, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment.
Description of relationships and roles
Candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of obtaining results without direct report authority.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience; health care plans including medical, dental, and vision; a bonus plan; corporate fitness discounts as well as various other employee benefits in an energetic and cutting-edge work environment.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply for this specific position and meet its minimum qualifications as determined by Bulldog Solutions. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Bulldog Solutions may include other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, regular position in our offices in Austin, Texas. As this is an immediate need, local candidates will be given more serious consideration. We are not offering relocation packages.
NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION. U.S. CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS ONLY PLEASE.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.